Paddling Journeys for Years 10-12
SACE Stages 1 & 2
We share our local knowledge of the Environment and can assist students with:
- 2020 SACE assessments relating to Natural Environments
- Sustainability strategies such as indigenous and scientific perspectives
The area between Renmark and the NSW/Vic border is an endless collage of connecting creeks and lagoons that provide circular routes, natural environments, free campsite options and contingency plans.
The creeks provide protection from weather conditions that would play havoc with open water routes.
Day 1 – Introduction I Paddle to first campsite commencing roster of leaders and navigation I Set up camp I Student cooking I Introduction to the Environment
Day 2 – Skills I Optional visit to old WWII Internment Camp I Navigation & Leadership to second campsite I Set up camp I Student cooking I Evening activities
Day 3 – Skills I Navigation & Leadership to Base I Packing & cleaning I Depart midday
BOOK NOW to secure your preferred dates
We are fully qualified kayak and canoe instructors and we maintain the maps of the area up to date.
Jim is also a Registered Teacher and Ruth is a Registered Nurse.
Our private riverfront property allows:
- Safe parking for buses | Shuttle-runs for those who choose to start or finish offsite
- Emergency evacuation procedures including back-up dinghy
- Multiple routes and quality maps available
Discover our wide range of onsite camping facilities here.