Welcome to Canoe the Riverland
Kayak or Canoe the Murray
- Come and explore the natural beauty of one of the safest rivers in the world!
- A range of both hire and tour options are available.
- Launch directly into the Woolenook Wetlands from our riverfront property.
- Local creeks allow loops that can take as little as one hour up to several days of exploring the natural environment with its birds and wildlife.
- Discounts and tailored tours are available for group/school bookings.
- Camping equipment is available for hire, and gift cards are available for specific tours.
Come and explore the natural beauty of one of the safest rivers in the world
Amazing bird life
Spectacular Sunset Tours
'Choose your own adventure' hire
Enjoy serene sunrises
BackgroundJim and Ruth welcome you to Canoe the Riverland with them.
In 2006 Ruth set out to kayak the Murray River from source to sea. Her husband Jim drove the support vehicle and met up with her each night to camp on the beautiful banks of the Murray. After a total of two months in such a wonderful environment, they committed to share their love of the river with others. In 2014 they bought and expanded this business, renaming it as ‘Canoe the Riverland’.
If you would appreciate the beauty and tranquility of kayaking on one of the safest and unspoiled recreational rivers in the world, Canoe the Riverland has been designed for you. Launch from a riverside property that offers private and easy access to the biosphere and protected backwaters of Woolenook Bend.
Our Aim“Our aim is to ensure you thoroughly enjoy your kayaking experience. We have a range of kayaks and canoes to suit beginners through to experienced adventurers. Your hire will include a paddle and PFD (‘life jacket’) with optional rudder, waterproof storage, and spray deck.
We hold qualifications in teaching, kayak instruction and first aid, and provide instruction and assistance tailored to your level of experience. If you want a gentle and relaxing experience, this is the place for you.”